1. The ecovillage needs help from all residents to maintain the facilities and investigate options e.g. transport, sporting facilities etc. If you have time please contact the membership coordinator.
2. Please keep your Profiles up to date and let administrators know if you change your email address.
Live video stream:
Beach head at Currumbin
Click on the above image to see live streaming of what's happening at Currumbin Beach right now. Streamed from CoastWatch website.
Hello Stranger, welcome to the Ecovillage Community Portal. You are NOT logged in.
Conditions of Use and Guidelines for VillageHub (VH) use for Members
· Members should not email the whole list, when they only seek a response from an individual.
· Members should not be aggressive, abusive, defamatory, inflammatory (or generally write things they would not say directly individual in person).
· Members should not state things as fact without evidence/references and whenever possible phrase things as their own opinions, to avoid people directly disagreeing with them on specific points, because everyone interprets information differently.
· Members should not use the VH to air their grievances. The VH is not a Body Corporate and cannot resolve such issues for people. Members should contact their representatives or official bodies (e.g. the body corporate, caretaker, PBC etc if they have specific issues).
· Members must sign-off their emails with their full name and address and preferably phone number so others know the email was from. Those representing a committee should sign-off with the title/role they are performing for clarity.
· Members must not use or forward emails or content from the VH externally without permission from the content owner.
· Members should not post excessively. Excessive posting on the same subject reduces value of the email thread.
The community expects members to adhere to these conditions if they wish to use the service, which is a privilege and not a right.
If anyone ever has a query in relation to the use of the VillageHub or VH administrators, they should contact the administrators via support (at) villagehub.com.au or directly anytime, and the Administrators will try and resolve the concerns directly.
In the second instance, the PBC will accept any feedback, as the financial owner of the VH.
Villagehub administrators will always aim to:
· Send out regular reminders to help new and existing members focus communications.
· Remind people if they are close to breaching the guidelines.
· Moderate people’s membership of groups if they breach the guidelines. This has only very rarely been used in the past and has had the desired effect of keeping the Hub focused for the overall benefit of members.
· Close down an email list temporarily, if it becomes over used or misused.
· Treat everyone fairly and without bias.
Moderation of a person’s emails is only to ensure future emails comply with the rules and guidelines. Moderation is only applied once the Moderators have discussed the complaint/issue and decided on the appropriate course of action. Moderation is used sparingly and although every case is different, the administrators will aim to apply this process:
1st breach – warning given
2nd breach – moderation of the account for that mailing list for 3 months.
3rd breach – account is suspended for 3 months with no postings permitted
4th and continued breaches - account closed/suspended for 12 months.
Email list etiquette
When posting to email lists remember that it is difficult to judge nuances when reading an email. Here’s a few tips:
• Remember that to new owners, your emails are an introduction to yourself. You will be judged by how you behave on the Villagehub lists.
• Think about being 30% nicer to people on the list than you would be face to face. It is notoriously difficult to read nuances of expression in an email and people will often ready them more negatively than you have written them if the tone is at all negative.
• Try not to email in anger or in the heat of the moment. Consider writing your message and then wait an hour or so. If you still feel the need to send it, the go ahead. Often you’ll find you can take some of the heat out of a message without changing your intent, or may come up with a new way of expressing your ideas that makes more sense.
• Think about who might read your email and whether a phone call or reply just to the originator is better.
• Think about the size of attachments before sending them to a list. Some lists have restrictions on the size of attachments you can send out. Perhaps you could host attachments on the VH website and link to them in your email instead?
• Keep emails small. Ensure you reduce the size of pictures before sending them. If you are not sure how to do this search the internet for the procedure. All standard email applications have methods to do this. Please educate yourself on how to use your email system before using it.
Email List usage – use the appropriate Email Group (List)
When posting to the Villagehub email lists, remember that each list has a specific purpose. Cross posting to get a wider audience is not necessary and acts to decrease participation in the lists, and inappropriate use causes people to want to leave the list.
These are the main Groups used on the VH:
1 Owners – For Owners of Ecovillage Lots only. This group is not open to tenants or other parties. Can be used for factual discussion on issues relating to lot rules and regulations etc. Remember that Body Corporate issues should be directed to your Committee for action, and can be discussed at live meetings, and that Committee Members may not be on this email list.
Appropriate topics: Body corporate specific issues, camphor laurel tree removals, road upgrade timing, Telstra tower placement, canvassing community against local developments, etc
Inappropriate topics: Detailed financial or legal issues. Events (use Locals or Noticeboard instead), personal attacks or Group Event notices.
2 Locals – Use this group for local information about what’s on in and around the Ecovillage, as well as general information such as items for sale. It is not for non-Ecovillagers. Any Lot Owner or Ecovillage resident can join this group.
Appropriate topics: discussion on weed killers, business opportunities, Ecovillage farm plans, Avoid the cow on the bridge tonight, Dance on at Palm Beach school Friday night, local outages/issues with internet/phone provision (may affect residents as well as owners), bookclub notifications – such emails should go to the Bookclub Group Email. Many other Groups exist too. Login to the VH to find them.
3 Noticeboard – Only use this group to post essential and important information to all people on the Hub. To avoid the chance of people leaving this group (because of too many general low value emails) this list should be used sparingly. This list is moderated to ensure only high quality and important information is sent. For this reason emails may take a few hours to arrive out to everyone (as an administrator has to find time and login and check the message first).
Appropriate topics: Urgent items for all residents e.g. WTTP Issues, Fire Warnings, Major event notifications, Health Warnings, Developer announcements, Lot changes.
Inappropriate topics: Body Corporate specific issues, major event notifications, low value content, non-Ecovillage specific info, repetitive reminders.
We welcome feedback on the guidelines and processes used and how to improve the Hub anytime.
Thanks for your understanding and compliance with the above guidelines.
2 Conditions of Use
Your use of this Website Constitutes Your Agreement to be bound by these Terms and Conditions of Use:
2. Limitations on Use. The Content on this Website is for your personal use only and not for commercial exploitation, unless by permission of PBC. Notwithstanding the foregoing, to the extent this Website provides electronic commerce, such buying opportunities may be made available for group as well as personal purchasing, so long as you are authorised to make purchases on behalf of such group. You may not decompile, reverse engineer, disassemble, rent, lease, loan, sell, sublicense, or create derivative works from this Website or the Content. Nor may you use any network monitoring or discovery software to determine the site architecture, or extract information about usage, individual identities or users. You may not use any robot, spider, other automatic software or device, or manual process to monitor or copy our Website or the Content without Provider’s prior written permission. You may not copy, modify, reproduce, republish, distribute, display, or transmit for commercial, non-profit or public purposes all or any portion of this Website, except to the extent permitted above. Any unauthorised use of this Website or its Content is prohibited, unless approved in writing by PBC.
3. Not Legal Advice. Content is not intended to and does not constitute legal advice and no attorney-client relationship is formed, nor is anything submitted to this Website treated as confidential. The accuracy, completeness, adequacy or currency of the Content is not warranted or guaranteed. Your use of information on this Website or materials linked from this Website is at your own risk.
6. License of Your Content to Provider. By uploading content to or submitting any materials for use on this Website, you grant (or warrant that the owner of such rights has expressly granted) PBC a perpetual, worldwide, royalty-free, irrevocable, non-exclusive right and license, with right to sublicense, to use, reproduce, modify, adapt, publish, publicly perform, publicly display, digitally display and digitally perform translate, create derivative works from and distribute such materials or incorporate such materials into any form, medium, or technology now known or later developed throughout the universe. You agree that you shall have no recourse against Provider for any alleged or actual infringement or misappropriation of any proprietary right in your communications to us.
7. No Solicitation. You shall not distribute on or through this Website or email groups any content or material that is illegal.
8. Advertisers. This Website may contain advertising and sponsorship. Advertisers and sponsors are responsible for ensuring that material submitted for inclusion on this Website is accurate and complies with applicable laws. PBC will not be responsible for the illegality of or any error or inaccuracy in advertisers’ or sponsors’ materials or for the acts or omissions of advertisers and sponsors.
9. Registration. Certain sections of this Website require you to register as a Member. If registration is requested, you agree to provide Provider with accurate and complete registration information. It is your responsibility to inform Provider of any changes to that information. Each registration is for a single individual only, unless specifically designated otherwise on the registration page. Provider does not permit a) anyone other than you to use the sections requiring registration by using your name or password; or b) access through a single name being made available to multiple users on a network or otherwise. You are responsible for preventing such unauthorised use. If you believe there has been unauthorised use, you must notify PBC immediately.
10. Postings in interactive areas of the Website.
10.1. Postings to be Lawful. If you participate in interactive areas on this Website, you shall not post, publish, upload or distribute any messages, data, information, text, graphics, links or other material (“Postings”) which is unlawful or abusive in any way, including but not limited to any Postings that are defamatory, libellous, pornographic, obscene, threatening, invasive of privacy or publicity rights, inclusive of hate speech, or would constitute or encourage a criminal offense, violate the rights of any party, or give rise to liability or violate any local, state, federal or international law.
10.2. Postings to be in Your Name. Your Postings shall be accompanied by your real name and shall not be posted anonymously. Participants in interactive areas shall not misrepresent their identity or their affiliation with any person or entity.
10.4. Non-Commercial Use only of interactive areas. Any interactive area of this Website is provided solely for your personal use. As a participant, you shall not include in your Posting(s) or otherwise distribute on or through this Website any content or material containing any advertising, promotion, solicitation for goods, services or funds or solicitation for anyone to become members of any commercial enterprise or organisation without the express written permission of the PBC. Any unauthorised use of any interactive area of this Website, its Content or Postings is expressly prohibited.
11. Errors and Corrections. PBC does not represent or warrant that this Website will be error-free, free of viruses or other harmful components, or that defects will be corrected or that it will always be accessible. PBC does not warrant or represent that the information available on or through this Website will be correct, accurate, timely, or otherwise reliable. PBC may make improvements and/or changes to its features, functionality or Content at any time.
12. Third Party Content. Third party content may appear on this Website or may be accessible via links from this Website. PBC shall not be responsible for and assumes no liability for any infringement, mistakes, misstatements of law, defamation, slander, libel, omissions, falsehood, obscenity, pornography or profanity in the statements, opinions, representations or any other form of content contained in any third party content appearing on this Website. You understand that the information and opinions in the third party content is neither endorsed by nor does it reflect the belief of PBC.
13. Attorney Ethics Notice. If you are an attorney participating in any aspect of this Website, including but not limited to message boards, chat rooms or email forums, you acknowledge that the Rules of Professional Conduct of the jurisdictions where you are licensed (“Rules”) apply to all aspects of your participation and that you will abide by these Rules. These Rules include, but are not limited to, the rules relating to advertising, solicitation of clients, unauthorised practice of law, and misrepresentations of fact. PBC disclaims all responsibility for your compliance with these Rules. You further agree and acknowledge that when you participate in any chat area on this Website, including but not limited to the message boards, that you will not offer legal advice, but will only provide general information.
14. DISCLAIMER. THIS WEBSITE IS PROVIDED ON AN "AS IS, AS AVAILABLE" BASIS. PBC EXPRESSLY DISCLAIMS ALL WARRANTIES, INCLUDING THE WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE AND NON-INFRINGEMENT. PBC DISCLAIMS ALL RESPONSIBILITY FOR ANY LOSS, INJURY, CLAIM, LIABILITY, OR DAMAGE OF ANY KIND RESULTING FROM, ARISING OUT OF OR ANY WAY RELATED TO (A) ANY ERRORS IN OR OMISSIONS FROM THIS WEBSITE AND THE CONTENT, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO TECHNICAL INACCURACIES AND TYPOGRAPHICAL ERRORS, (B) ANY THIRD PARTY WEBSITES OR CONTENT THEREIN DIRECTLY OR INDIRECTLY ACCESSED THROUGH LINKS IN THIS WEBSITE, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO ANY ERRORS IN OR OMISSIONS THEREFROM, (C) THE UNAVAILABILITY OF THIS WEBSITE OR ANY PORTION THEREOF, (D) YOUR USE OF THIS WEBSITE, OR (E) YOUR USE OF ANY EQUIPMENT OR SOFTWARE IN CONNECTION WITH THIS WEBSITE.
15. LIMITATION OF LIABILITY. PBC SHALL NOT BE LIABLE FOR ANY LOSS, INJURY, CLAIM, LIABILITY, OR DAMAGE OF ANY KIND RESULTING FROM YOUR USE OF THIS WEBSITE AND THE INTERACTIVE AREAS OF THIS WEBSITE OR ANY FACTS OR OPINIONS APPEARING ON OR THROUGH AN INTERACTIVE AREA. PBC SHALL NOT BE LIABLE FOR ANY SPECIAL, DIRECT, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES OF ANY KIND WHATSOEVER (INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, ATTORNEYS' FEES) IN ANY WAY DUE TO, RESULTING FROM, OR ARISING IN CONNECTION WITH THE USE OF OR INABILITY TO USE THIS WEBSITE OR THE CONTENT. TO THE EXTENT THE FOREGOING LIMITATION OF LIABILITY IS PROHIBITED, PROVIDER’S SOLE OBLIGATION TO YOU FOR DAMAGES SHALL BE LIMITED TO $100.00.
17. Third Party Rights. The provisions of paragraphs 14 (Disclaimer), 15 (Limitation of Liability), and 16 (Indemnification) are for the benefit of PBC and its officers, directors, employees, agents, licensors, suppliers, and any third party information providers to the Website. Each of these individuals or entities shall have the right to assert and enforce those provisions directly against you on its own behalf.
20. Additional Terms.
20.1. Privacy PBC and its related bodies corporate acknowledge and respect the privacy of individuals.
The PBC collects, uses and discloses the personal information you provide on this website only in accordance with the Privacy Act 1988 (Cwth).
This information is collected by the PBC only for the purposes of processing your registration or enquiry, keeping you informed of upcoming events, new products, special offers and assisting in improving its service to you.
This information is only disclosed within the PBC or to licensed third parties that are able to offer you useful products and services or if the law requires it or you consent.
The provision of this information by you is voluntary but if you do not provide some or all of the requested information we may be unable to properly process your registration or enquiry or otherwise affect the purposes for which the information has been collected (as specified above and from time to time).
You have both a right of access to the personal information the PBC holds about you and a right to ask the PBC to correct if you think it is inaccurate or out of date.